Imagine WYSO’S New Home
IMAGINE A New Home
IMAGINE a new home for WYSO that can accommodate all of the WYSO programs under a single roof, with state-of-the-art rehearsal space for orchestras and ensembles of all sizes, studio teaching spaces for area musicians, administrative offices, a music library, and with space for all of the current WYSO orchestra and Music Makers students plus room to grow the programs.
- A building that is used daily (rather than just weekends), with rehearsal space sized for all five orchestras, chamber music groups, ensembles from harp to percussion, and small music studios perfect for private lessons.
- A building that encourages WYSO Music Makers to flourish in a community of student musicians all learning new techniques, new ways of thinking, and new instruments.
- A building that can host collaborations of WYSO musicians with dancers or choral students from the Madison Youth Arts Center, with proximity to performance opportunities at the Overture Center, The Sylvee, or at churches on Williamson Street.
- A location in a vibrant section of downtown Madison, on a major transit corridor for easy access, where WYSO can provide much needed large rehearsal space for its own programs as well as for the community.
- A building that provides space, location, resources, and connections necessary for WYSO to become an integral part of a growing youth arts community and a key collaborator to foster creativity and community events.
In order to make this vision a reality, WYSO has partnered with Urban Assets, with a wealth of experience in development; Strang Architecture, with a history in designing for performing and cultural arts organizations; Talaske, experts in acoustic design; and J.H. Findorff & Son, a local construction firm passionate about youth education and the arts.