Current WYSO Employment Opportunities
Marketing & Communications Manager
Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestras is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to showcase and support one of the most highly respected youth orchestra programs in the country through strategic and creative communications and marketing initiatives.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will play a major role in the creative vision, planning, implementation and support of a robust marketing and communications strategy designed to advance WYSO’s image and revenue goals. This includes marketing to the broader community the myriad uses of the exceptional new space, as much as WYSO’s programming. Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Manager will write and share the stories of students, WYSO alumni, and organizational history and milestones. The Manager will create in-house marketing and communications materials and oversee outsourced printing and other marketing needs. The Manager will serve as advocate and spokesperson for WYSO to the media, partners, and the community. The Manager will celebrate and share WYSO’s reach in diverse communities in the area. In addition, the Manager will oversee the timely preparation and execution of WYSO’s annual marketing budget in partnership with the Director of Development and Communications and the Executive Director and seek new advertising revenue sources for WYSO’s many programs and seasonal performances. Compensation range is $55,000 – $65,000 depending on level of experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish strategic marketing and communications objectives with the Director of Development and Communications to support WYSO’s mission and vision of supporting Dane County youth in learning the language and skills of instrumental music performance.
- Develop and implement an integrated communications plan and calendar to advance WYSO’s brand identity and broaden awareness of its programs and priorities locally, regionally and nationally. Promote WYSO as a local, regional and national asset.
- Write copy/stories, produce (or work with designers/printers to produce) and disseminate in a timely manner all communication materials including program books, media releases, advertisements, sponsorship packets, invitations, recruitment brochures, newsletters, videos, direct mail, e-communications and other materials as needed.
- Develop short and longer-term plans and budgets to support the marketing and communication needs of WYSO. Recommend goals and objectives to the Director of Development and Communications and manage and monitor progress.
- Design and implement innovative social media strategies to cultivate online relationships with current and prospective members, donors, alumni, audiences and community organizations. Track and analyze social analytics. Stay apprised of trends and algorithms. Troubleshoot technical issues.
- Following the WYSO brand guidelines, update and manage the WYSO website in a way that is visually compelling, grammatically correct, and functional. Analyze/report usage and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Expand and maintain relationships with local and national media outlets. Maintain and regularly update the media database.
- Collaborate with WYSO members, families, alumni, donors and the greater community to capture stories, videos and messages that demonstrate the impact of WYSO in our region.
- Generate dynamic content and stories that build community and demonstrate the impact of WYSO to all stakeholders.
- Recruit and retain advertisers for WYSO program and member handbook. Develop and expand ad trades with arts organizations throughout the year. Manage and enable expanded solicitation of advertisers to increase advertising income.
- Coordinate WYSO photography and videography. Maintain photo/video archives.
- Conduct media correspondence for WYSO to support the various key events and programming schedules. Create content for social media, newsletters, flyers, ads, and other media outlets.
- Ensure that the WYSO Board is kept fully informed about the events and activities happening at WYSO. Share stories and information to help them best represent WYSO in the community and support the organization’s development and fundraising efforts.
WYSO has retained Tapestry Talent, Search & Consulting to conduct the search for the next Marketing and Communications Manager. Applicants will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send an email and cover letter to:
WYSO is an equal opportunity employer.