Philharmonia Orchestra Concerto Competition Submission Form
COMPLETE THE 2021-2022 FORM
Welcome to WYSO’s online Philharmonia Orchestra Concerto Competition Submission form. Please note that all required fields are indicated with an * (asterisk) symbol. Email WYSO at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this form or the Philharmonia Orchestra Concerto Competition.
ONLINE APPLICATION DUE WITH $30 FEE BY MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2022
IN-PERSON AUDITION: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2022
- Auditions are limited to 10 minutes of an approved concerto. Competitors should prepare a section or movement of their concerto that fits within this time frame and best represents their ability. At the audition, The timekeeper will indicate when time is up. (Winners will perform their concert/movement without cuts, although pieces should be limited to 18 minutes.
- Your choice of repertoire must be approved before your application is accepted. Refer to the list of pre-approved repertoire for the Philharmonia Competition and contact Yanzel Rivera at email@example.com if your choice is not on the list.
- Members who have previously won the competition with a specific WYSO orchestra may not compete with that same orchestra. Previous Philharmonia winners may compete again if/when they become members of the Youth Orchestra.
- All applicants will be informed of their audition times by January 29, 2022. Audition times are assigned with the accompanists’ schedules in mind.
- Memorization is encouraged, but not required.
- Auditions will take place on Sunday, February 6, 2022 from 1:00 – 6:00 pm
- Winners will perform with the Philharmonia Orchestra at the Bolz Family Spring Concert on May 22, 2022.
- Honorable Mentions will be invited to perform at the Philharmonia Honors Recital (date TBD).
The Deadline for submitting forms is Monday, January 24, 2022.
A $30 fee must accompany your application. (If you are auditioning on two instruments, only one audition fee is required. Click the Proceed to Payment button to submit and then exit the Payment form without making a payment.)