Employment: WYSO Music Makers Oboe Instructor
WYSO Music Makers Oboe Instructor
September 15, 2023
Title: Oboe Instructor
Classification: Independent Contractor
WYSO Music Makers seeks an oboe instructor for hire to join our dynamic and growing musical community. General responsibilities include teaching and preparing students in private and/or group instruction to the standards and mission of the organization. Within the scope of work, faculty are expected to attend monthly virtual staff meetings and attend/support program performances. This is an independent contractor, 1099 opportunity.
- Teach weekly private lessons throughout the school year to beginning and intermediate level oboe students, ages 5-18. Opportunities for additional group class or ensemble instruction may be available depending on the future needs of the program.
- Communicate regularly with students and their guardians/parents. ○ Establish lesson schedule and clearly articulate practice assignments.
- Send reminders about classes and events as needed.
- Follow existing program curriculum and collaborate with current faculty to further develop WYSO Music Makers overall curriculum.
- Attend faculty meetings and professional development ses
- Degree in Music Performance or Music Education.
- At least one year of private/group teaching experience with students from diverse racial and economic backgrounds.
- Willingness to enthusiastically embrace the mission of WYSO and WYSO Music Makers.
- Appropriate studio teaching space is required.
- (Preferred) Conversational in Spanish.
Hours and Composition:
- Teaching rate: $50/hour
- Program Support (concert assistance or other non-instructive student supervision): $30/hour
- Administrative Support (attending faculty meetings): $15/hour
- Teachers are able to set their own teaching schedules (within student availability).
- Some evening or weekend availability will be required for recitals or other WYSO MM events.
How to Be Considered:
Please email your qualifications and letter of interest to WYSO MM Director, Ria Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org.