Employment: WYSO Membership Coordinator
WYSO Membership Coordinator
July 25, 2023
Title: WYSO Membership Coordinator – 30-35 hours weekly
Reports To: Director of Operations
The WYSO Membership Manager is a core member of the WYSO team, serving the needs of the WYSO members and their families by coordinating all member and volunteer activities and serving on projects as assigned. This key position has a strong focus on customer service to members, families and volunteers, striving for a high level of detailed planning and communication for all tasks, large and small. Saturday and Sunday work will be required. This is a hybrid remote/in-person position with dependable in-person office hours expected. Summer hours are primarily Monday-Friday.
Rehearsals and Concerts
- With Administrative Manager, serve as the Saturday/Sunday rehearsal coordinator, troubleshooting issues and questions from members/parents.
- Attend WYSO concerts and events acting as a Personnel/Concert Monitor or Box Office Manager as needed.
- Support the touring activities of the WYSO orchestras.
- Collaborate with all staff and the Parent Leadership Committee (PLC) to coordinate the First Rehearsal and Retreat and other PLC events.
- Ensure prompt communications via phone, voicemail, text, email with WYSO members/parents.
- With PLC and Development staff, lead and support the Family Fundraising efforts with the goal of meeting budget from this effort.
- Maintain and updates the membership databases in a timely manner. Compile and distribute member bios and photos to conductors.
- Assists with auditions including staffing, creating new prospect files, assisting prospects with questions, and preparation and distribution of results.
- Lead staff person to the Rabin Youth Arts Awards (RYAA) committee providing leadership, coordination, communication and support. Responsible for providing accurate and timely RYAA updates to the communications staff.
- Manage the WYSO merchandise sales effort with the goal of meeting budget. Work with WYSO Communications Team on design and implementation of the WYSO website store.
- Assist WYSO Operations Director, Facilities Director and Director of Community Partnerships as needed.
- Attend and participates in staff meetings, special project meetings, Board of Director and Board committee meetings as assigned.
- Develop meaningful engagement and positive working relationships with the WYSO Parent Committee Leaders and committee (PLC).
- With the WYSO PLC plan the annual calendar of activities including regular PLC meetings.
- With the WYSO PLC, identify, recommend and secure volunteers for WYSO concerts and activities.
- Ensure that volunteer engagement extends the WYSO brand, reach and financial support for the organization.
- Keep the PLC volunteers informed about WYSO and their duties through regularly scheduled meetings, emails, phone calls.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the WYSO PLC/WYSO Connections and helps to coordinate all their activities including Taste of WYSO, PLC fundraisers, Musical Notes Turn In, PLC crisis phone trees, PLC leadership structure and support of the PLC committee for nominations and elections.
- Produce annual senior luncheon, volunteer recognition, Musical Notes awards ceremony.
- Oversight and responsibility for implementation of the end of year member awards.
Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of database management preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong customer service ethic and ability to work effectively with young people and volunteers.’
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to use creativity and innovation in problem solving.
- Experience coordinating groups and group activities.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of classical music and its audience is a plus.
- Sense of humor is a real plus!
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to attend WYSO rehearsals, concerts and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or any combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly (30-35 hours per week) – Non-exempt
- Range: $20-$25/hour
- Health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, disability/life, 403b retirement savings plan, hybrid in-person/remote work
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit the following:
- A personal letter of interest
- Two letters of recommendation
Please send all materials to email@example.com.
Position open until filled. No phone calls please.