Administrative Manager Full Position Description
Title: WYSO Administrative Manager
Reports to: Executive Director- Full Time Exempt
The Administrative Manager is a core member of the WYSO administrative and development team and shares responsibility for ensuring that WYSO administrative functions run smoothly and efficiently. This includes responsibilities related to finance, database development and management. This key position requires a highly organized professional to keep our office functions running smoothly. The position has a strong focus on customer service to members, families, and donors, striving for a high level of excellence in all tasks, large and small.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE
• Responsible for tuition, chamber music, private lesson, scholarship and special project invoicing and collection, including data entry and tracking of payment plans.
• For staff accountant, prepare weekly deposits; reconcile returned checks and errors, prepare credit card reconciliations.
• Prepare reports for the annual audit and 990 preparation.
• Ensure all Wisconsin Department of Financial Institution filings, annual reports and licenses are current.
• Assist with preparation of the annual budget.
• Serve as Box Office Manager for all concerts.
Development and Database Support
· Record all gifts received by WYSO in the constituent relationship management system. Maintain current processes for acknowledging and stewarding gifts, including generating thank you letters and corresponding tax-receipts.
· Work with Development Director and accountant to ensure that all gifts are properly tracked and stewarded.
· Prepare monthly reports to ensure gifts are entered and match the accounting records.
· Maintain records of pledges and send invoices to donors for pledge payments.
· Serve as the first point of contact for WYSO donors for anything related to updating their records, obtaining copies of their giving histories, difficulties processing their gifts, and/or tax questions.
· Process matching gift programs contributions and create/maintain up-to-date website access to the appropriate websites.
· Manage imports and exports of data from development software including wealth screenings and national change of address updates.
· Create donor reports and profiles as needed.
· Process, track and enter all alumni updates. Conduct ongoing alumni research.
· Provide support to AON committee including the tracking of silent auction items, maintaining an accurate invitation list; providing final guest list in a timely manner to AON coordinators.
· With Membership Manager, serve as the Saturday rehearsal administrator troubleshooting issues and questions from members and families.
· Record all member data into the CRM and update as needed. Generate reports for departments as needed.
· Assist with preparation of materials for board meetings. Track board member paperwork and lunch payments. Update rosters.
· Maintain organized and tidy office. Maintain organized vendor and financial files. Monitor and order supplies as needed. Maintain knowledge and upkeep of office machines and office supplies. Assist Operations Assistant with timely document storage (ACCESS).
· Lead staff person for daily incoming and outgoing mail. Process all in-coming and outgoing mail. Maintain adequate postage for ongoing needs.
· Support WYSO Board committees as requested.
· Maintain an updated administrative manual including logins and passwords.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
• Experience with constituent relationship management systems such as Little Green Light, SalesForce, Filemaker Pro or Raiser’s Edge.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Strong Excel skills.
• Familiarity with fundraising campaigns, stewardship processes, non-profit and accounting processes.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with an interest and focus on customer service.
• Meticulous attention to detail, self-starter mentality, team player with a positive attitude. Enjoys a mission driven environment.
• Exceptional task and resource management skills.
• Ability to interact cooperatively and cheerfully with all stakeholders.
• Professional attire and manner.
• Reliable transportation.
• Willing and able to attend WYSO concerts and events.
• Sense of humor is a plus!